five on my list

Since I love musical, animation and comedy, the five movies on my list will be
1. Singin' in the rain - Gene Kelly at his best and one of the best musical to be made.
2. 12 angry men - my brother recommended this movie. I think it’s one of the best movies ever to be made. A movie need not necessarily be George lucasi (computer generated, green screen, highly produced, maga stars), it just need a good story and rest will follow.
3. Roman Holidays - if you like Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck like i do.
4. Howl's moving castle – my sister introduced me to Hayao Miyazaki. His work includes Spirited Away, My Neighbours Totoro and many others which are truly inspirational.
5. Mrs. Pettigrew lives for a day - This is another nice musical I watched recently.

This is hard since there are so many good books. However five books to be inspired from will be
1. The Catcher in the Rye - I was inspired to put pen to paper after i read this book. I wrote almost forty two chapters of something about nothing in particular. The sad thing is that this is one of the few works by J.D. Salinger.
2. The Alchemist – I would say Paulo Ceolho’s master piece. The thing about this author is his simplicity in language and he’s not one of those authors who introduce twenty characters in one page. This is a story that tells you to follow your dreams, "when you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true".
Something on the same line would be ‘the secret’ by Rhonda Byrne but i am not too sure about the practical aspects of her message. Wanting something does not make things happen, you have to work towards it.
3. The Coolie - i read this book when i was in the seventh grade. It made me cry so much. It’s one of those books that linger on. A book by Mulk Raj Anand.
4. Tibetan book of Death - one of the most important books to read while you are alive.
5. Fountainhead - i am not much into friction novel but this one was pretty good. This book teaches you about the importance of individualism, at least that's what i though. I think the message of 'individualism' is very important since we live in a society where we can easily get brainwashed by the media, politics and anything external. I think at the end of the day, whatever we do should be not because someone said so, but because we value our own judgement. A book by Ayn Rand.

posted under , , |

2 comments:

Pema Rinzin said...

hi tchoden, lately everynight i read ur blog. this is good. the five in ur list..i'll try to grab atleast one of those books n movies.. i read the alchemist. its one of my favourites too. pemarinzin.blogspot.com is my blog. incase you wanna read. but i dont upload daily. keep blogging.

tchoden said...

thanks for your blog page addy. I hope you enjoy the fives on my list:)

Newer Post Older Post Home
    There was an error in this gadget

    Quote of the day


Recent Comments