random thoughts

These days, my dad has been telling me time and again that he doesn’t see me say my prayers. Frankly I’ve not prayed for quite some times. I’ve noticed that every time I say my prayer (in routine), my mind is drifting somewhere else. I’m day dreaming, not focusing on the payer. It is better when I say them unconsciously without routine. I do not deeply understand the meaning of ‘Om Ah Hung Benza Guru Pema Siddhi Hung’. What does it mean besides its literal translation? I cannot understand how saying it regularly hundred times a day (without any understanding or concentration) will help me be a better person? Now I am thinking saying these prayer lines is more about showing appreciating to Guru Padma Sambawa for the many miraculous things he did for the benefit of all sentient beings. And this is true for every extraordinarily people living amongst us, who change our lives. It also holds true for events, circumstances and any sort of inspirations that change us and gets us thinking.

My understanding of Buddhism is evolving day by day. Being a kid, it’s all about doing what my parents did as a Buddhist. But now I think Buddhism is more of a path than a religion. It’s a practical way of not just living but living it right. I think Buddhism is more about being good and doing good.

Switching to something else, what is fascinating about human being is that somewhere deep inside, we can somehow segregate what’s good and what’s bad. We really can, either consciously or sub-consciously. If we follow this conscious/sub-conscious mind, we would do a great deal of good to ourselves and the people around us.

I think the concept of ‘being aware’ is just fascinating. I remember while being in Maastricht, my house owner (this old woman in her late 60s), she was really careful while using the any sort of detergent. Her thinking was that it is difficult to treat/purify water with high content of detergent. I think that simple act of being aware of the consequence helped the environment a great deal of pollution. If we become aware of what ever we do everyday, even with a single act of getting receipt from the ATM, we would do so much good to ourselves and everything/everyone around us.

Also I have been thinking about halo around the heads of many god/goddess portrayed in many paintings. This so called 'halo' is depicted by everyone everywhere around the globe is in all sorts of paintings (of extraordinary beings). I think these halos are more of an individual aura. I think when you at that state of awareness (and you do things according to that), the aura that’s invisible becomes like a light/spark or a glow (practically i've seen that sort of glow around extraordinary people i've met), that it can be seen by others.

Well that’s just my many naive thoughts for the day. I hope the sprit of all things good grows (or come alive) inside everyone.
ps: i've over listened to Empire of the Sun

posted under , |

1 comments:

SpiralOut said...

Yes! Being aware is incredibly important.
I also think the prayer you have to recite (don't quote me on this because I am not in your situation) may have something to do with a Mantra. Which is used to settle a chattery mind. If it is instilled in you, your mind will wander to that instead of random fleeting thoughts.

Newer Post Older Post Home
    There was an error in this gadget

    Quote of the day


Recent Comments