to take the wheel

The number of vehicle in this town that I live in is increasing day by day. So far I always brag that ours is the only capital that does not have the street signs (it’s weird but quite unnecessary thus far) but I think at this rate we will need those very soon. People don’t even follow the one-way traffic rules. Sometimes it feels like if you can drive in this crazy town, you could drive anywhere.

I don’t drive. I think that’s probably my biggest handicap. Seriously I feel like one of my arms is broken or missing, not knowing how to drive, swim or bike. I’ll probably drown or be run over. I think it’s probably out of laziness, lack of time, circumstances or something imbedded deep in my sub-conscious cranium. I did have few lessons from here and there but it never amounted to anything. This year I’ve told myself that, I bloody WILL take the wheel. Between my job and my family, it’s very hard to find time to do anything else. I wonder how this ever happened. My mind is too much focused on the external things that are happening around me, it’s dragging me here and there that I often forget myself. HHSR, in one of his teaching mentions that in process of 'being selfish' that is not forgetting oneself, one often benefits the society as a whole. A.S, an economist couldn't agree more with HHSR's point of view.

For now I’m in process of reading this book called ‘Philosophy of life and death’ by M.V. Kamath. It’s a fascinating book. It accounts for different but similar viewpoint or prospective on ‘after death journey’ as one might want to call it. Was lucky to stumble upon this book. Next on my list of books to read is ‘A brief history in time’ by Stephen Hawking.

posted under , |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
    There was an error in this gadget

    Quote of the day


Recent Comments