random thoughts

I think in order to be a good writer you have to have a childlike fascination and awe to everything you experience, be it sitting in a cubical and feeling the ground tumble and rumble underneath your feet, watching the rain drip from the roof or blinding yourself watching at the white clouds. A week ago, I took a three day ride in a sleeper class train. Train rides in India is fascinating, it feels like you are in a house on wheel where you sleep when you want to sleep, eat when you want to eat, shit and throw all kinds of garbage on the railway tracks. I recommend travelling in the month of June and July, but not those ac ones. I could write gazillion things about that experience, about the stench in the air, the extreme heat, so on and so forth but I just can’t. Now that I think about it, I think I was dead to that experience. It has only been few days and I can’t remember much of anything. I guess that’s why if you want to write something good, you have to stay awake to the moment and feel everything move and groove around you (with some sort of creativity and naivety).

Another thing to think about; A good idea is great but if it is accompanied by good intention, it takes one a long way and along that way it changes the world. There are gazillion people who've good ideas but just because the whole intention of that idea is built on a selfish foundation, it doesn't do anyone any good.

When I really think about it, I think what ever we do in life is quite insignificant. We make such fuss about the things we do and much greater fuss when things don’t go our way, but then again, does it really matter? I mean I have this feeling that we are probably characters in a big soap opera kind of setting where a giant big eye is watching us with pop corn in his hand.

posted under |

1 comments:

tchoden said...

back to good ol' classic version :)

Newer Post Older Post Home
    There was an error in this gadget

    Quote of the day


Recent Comments