Mundane Life


A mundane life is for me
An ordinary of ordinariness
I bask at life before me
no dilly-dally for me.

I’m often told so otherwise
I’m often made to think it false.
Our books have heroes that dare
who do wild and crazy things
breaking the mundaneness of their life.
they explore, they quest for something more
they fight, they triumph in battles
sometimes, their own
sometimes, for others
our heroes come victors on the other side
and we seem to cheer them on.

to take a chance
because opportunity won’t knock twice
to be different
because we don’t like what we see
to do something extraordinary
they say ordinary is for loser
to get noticed
a mind’s eye do not seem to count
to be in limelight
all should know of your glory and winnings
to leave a mark in this world
immortality is what everyone seeks.

So we belittle the stillness
We’re urged to stir a storm
in this lake of tranquility.
But hey I say I say
it’s grand to be ordinary
it’s fine to be still
it’s ok not to astir.

You’re a heart that’s loving and kind
You’re a body that care and share
You’re a soul that shines brightly.

You're incredible, stupendous 
Just the mundane way you are.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments