Break through


Vexed by the ways of the world 
consigned myself within four walls 
mystic vision of many hued rainbows 
flashed across my troubled mind. 

Whether it was, I do not know 
human ennui or divine providence 
my thoughts no longer sluggish flowed 
my mind did somehow soar. 

It wondered to the forest beyond 
amidst the birdsong tranquility 
the zest of multifaceted life 
encompassed within minds’ eye. 

The sky sapphire, emerald earth 
the river frothing diamonds 
in the face of unremitting beauty 
my despair and pain did fade. 

 To be lost in ecstasy of reverie 
such, the self healing mind 
to be captive to imagination 
such, the strength of void. 

To give color to the grey daub world 
such the power of compassion, love 
to give form, shape to deep emotion 
such, the endowment of words. 

Wrote this long time back in 2004. Remember wining a monthly poetry competition with it. 

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Recent Comments